A denture is a removable appliance that replaces missing teeth. Two types of dentures are available today at our dental practice in West Los Angeles:
Complete dentures are used when all the teeth are missing. It is resin-based denture that has to be supported as much as possible by the gums.
Partial dentures are used when some natural teeth remain. They are a non-metal or metal-based prosthetic that supports itself on the gums and the remaining teeth with the help of hooks. Not only does a partial denture fill in the spaces of missing teeth, but it also prevents other teeth from changing position.
Tips to take care of your denture:
- Brush your denture with toothpaste at least once a day.
- Take your denture out every night when you go to sleep.
- Occasionally disinfect your denture by soaking it in a commercial product.
- To keep your mouth clean, rinse your mouth with mouthwash (without the denture).
- If you are developing any sores, change in fit, or any other problem please make an appointment with our dentist immediately.